Friday, May 11, 2012

Live Free!


Since its Friday today I thought I would share my freedom thoughts. In a prior post I wrote on how shooting stock was a job, but today its about freedom. For almost three years now I have not set my alarm clock. The most valuable commodity to me is time. We all have a limited amount of time to live and sometimes that time is cut short. Some people feel that they need money to be happy but for me its freedom of my time! Now we all need money to live and pay the bills but how much above that do you need? I can take a picnic on a Monday afternoon, go swimming with my boys and live my life around what I feel is important in life. When my job was gone I knew that if I never took the chance to see if I could work for myself that one day I would look back and regret it. I enjoy working with people don't mind having a boss and liked my work BUT they controlled almost all of my time. I have never been happier because now I have full control over what I cherish most. To see and be with my two young boys as they grow up is priceless. Having worked in cancer care only made me realize how short and important time with my family really is. Making a little less money to be with my family is more than worth the price of admission. Having a passion for what I do has also increased the joy in my limited time. I want to challenge you to stop focusing on just getting rich and look at the opportunities around you! Find your niche, passion and joy. Being a full-time stock video producer has been that for me. People may think your crazy, or even get mad at you, but never fear things have a way of working out. I didn't do this on my own, I have a supportive wife, family and friends to help me get to where I am today. Don't let fear control you, if things don't work out the first time keep at it. Live your life free!

2 comments:

  1. Wise words, while money will help you get more freedom it can also cause you to become a slave to it. Finding the balance is what its all about.

    Time is money is a commonly spoken phrase, I believe they have cheapened time because in the end Time is all that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't say it better myself James as time is truly all we have. Thanks

    ReplyDelete