Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Unfair Advantage


     What is your unfair advantage? This is a question you need to ask yourself in your photography and video business! Yes, for me it is access to the medical field since I have worked in it for 15 years and understand my way around it. I have access to places a lot of people can not get to so I use that to my advantage in my stock work. Now think about who you may know or the places you have access to that others do not. You need to sit down and make a list of the people and places you know. Once you have a working list then make a strong shot list. If you work in a bakery then make amazing images of baking with good light and unique angles. All of us have access to something unique if we stop and think about it. If you don't then I bet someone in your family dose, so work with them. The only reason I call this an unfair advantage is that others don't have the same access as you. No matter if it's people or places or things you can have your advantage! You might be a stay at home mom, well I bet you talk to a lot of other moms! so kids are a tremendous asset to your video or photography! Keep in mind the only thing that is holding you back from true success is usually you!

No comments:

Post a Comment